The Z5 pickleball paddles are among the most sought-after pickleball paddles when it comes to spin and power. Finding the best paddle depends on what type of player you are.
An advanced player may prefer a paddle with less control and more power. But for a beginner, equipment that has more control is better because it helps you place your shots better. Your arm strength and endurance may determine whether you choose a lighter or heavy paddle.
We did some research and found that the Z5 pickleball paddle is a great choice for beginners and advanced players.
The Best Z5 pickleball paddles
The Z5 pickleball paddle is available as a composite pickleball paddle or a graphite pickleball paddle. They are two of the most popular pickleball paddles with Onix sports.
Composite Z5 Paddle
- This Z5 pickleball paddle* has a composite core and a fiberglass hitting surface.
- The composite model has more power than the graphite model. It weighs about 8-9 ounces
- It’s great for long strokes and has a wide body feel that most racquetball or tennis players love.
- It has a sharp design that really stands out on the court.
- The composite paddle offers excellent power for players that have good ball control.
- Its wide body shape makes it great for beginners and advanced players because of the large sweet spot.
- You will also love it if you are looking for more pop from the baseline.
- The fiberglass material on this paddle’s face gives it “bite” or “grab” that helps give a ball spin when you slice the paddle across the ball.
- It is a good looking paddle.
- Not ideal for players who have shoulder, wrist or elbow injuries because it is heavy.
- The weight also increases fatigue if you are playing for an extended time.
- You should also expect less control and a slower swing from this paddle.
- Some pickleball players complain that the grip of this paddle lacks definition.