LEVELS OF REFEREE CERTIFICATION
LEVEL 1 – CLUB REFEREE
For adult club members who would like to be a certified referee, they just need to pass the U19 exam. Clinics are available for adult members but are optional.
ADULT CLUB REFEREE CERTIFICATION
Club Referee Exam – U19 FULL CLUB CERTIFICATION
JUNIOR CLUB REFEREE CERTIFICATION
US Squash Officiating Clinic
Club Referee Exam – U13 – U15 – U17 – U19 FULL CLUB CERTIFICATION
LEVEL 2 – REGIONAL REFEREE
Responsible for officiating:
- Regional Adult
To qualify as a regional referee, you must first have experience in being a club referee. An assessor will then be assigned to observe you while officiating a match.
A referee can only make up to 10 upgrade attempts to be a regional referee. You will need 3 recommendations from at least 2 Certified Assessors or 5 recommendations from at least 2 National Referee and a Certified Assessor.
REGIONAL REFEREE CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a current US Squash member
- PASSED – U19 FULL CLUB CERTIFICATION
- Must have officiated a minimum of 15 Club Locker validated matches
- 3 assessments over a 3 year period with a US Squash Pro Tour program
LEVEL 3 – NATIONAL REFEREE
- Officiates Professional Squash Association (PSA) matches
- Assessment of Regional Referees
- Takes part at referee education in clinics and tournaments
To upgrade from regional to a national referee, you will need 5 recommendations from at least 2 Certified Assessors who will observe you officiating top 20 US matches for men and women.
- Must be an accredited Regional Referee.
- Must have officiated a minimum of 20 Club Locker validated matches
- Must have participated as an official in the yearly US Championship series
- Documented yearly attendance at a certification clinic by a Pro Tour official
- 3 documented assessments from 2 Squash Pro Tour officials.
Want to use this infographic on your site?