CALF MUSCLE RELEASE
Before stretching the Achilles tendon, it is recommended that we release pressure on the calf muscles. You will need a foam roller or a similar object to release pressure points on your calf muscle to perform this massage.
- Sit flat on the floor with legs stretched forward and the foam roller under the calf muscle.
- Move the roller backward or forwards to find the most tender portion of your calf muscle and position the roller just below that area.
- Lift your toes towards your knees and hold the position for about 2 secs., 20 times and do the same with the leg.
- Sit flat on the floor with both your legs stretched straight forward.
- Pull your toes towards you with a strap or a belt and hold the position for as long as necessary.
- Sit flat on the floor with a knee bent towards your chest.
- Pull your toes towards your knee with hands and hold the position.
- Lay flat on the floor lifts one leg up with the help of a belt or a strap under your toes.
- Keep your balance as you pull your toes towards your knees with the strap.
- Find a wall or something that can help your balance while standing. Stand up straight with your entire weight on the ball of your foot.
- Lift your weight from the ball of your foot making a pause at the top of the lift and back. Make as many repetitions as you can.
- Sit down near the edge of a chair with your elbows leaning on your knees for additional weight.
- Bring your body weight on top of your knees as you lift the weight from the ball of your foot as far as you can.
- Hold the position and release. Make as many repetitions as you can.
Want to use this infographic on your site?